It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:39 pm

VERY PUT OFF BY EVENT

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:18 am  Reply with quote  

Alicia, all I can say is, I lost my voice talking to people. Constantly talking. I met more girls than I can count, and I for didn't spend as much time with old friends as I wanted to, because I was making new friends. Constantly. I'm sorry you felt left out. What you're describing is NOTHING like my experience of Wildside. Read the posts here and on Facebook and you'll see that many people agree with me. In any gathering of this size there will be some people who are outgoing and some who are shy. There will be some who hug everyone in arm's reach and some who won't talk to you. That's just how people are. It's a very high-energy event. I worked very hard to meet as many people as I could. And if people didn't respond, I didn't take it personally. You can't please everyone. It's a shame you were disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:22 pm  Reply with quote  
Trial
Trial

IDK...this was my first WS and I had a ball...did I get to meet everyone? No. I barely had time to talk to most of the people I did meet for very long (never long enough). But Ive been to several big tg events...Keystone, SCC etc and its always the same...as someone else said, you have to introduce yourself and mingle...chances are some of the other girls are doing exactly the same thing and getting to know new friends, too. Plus, it helps to seek out people online prior to the event and become online friends first. Facebook is awesome for that. Then when you get there you already have a number of people you know and who know you. I honestly cannot remember everyone I met, but I am pretty sure I talked to everyone who tried to talk to me, and introduced myself to plenty of others. I will be back next year for sure...of all the events Ive been to this was by far the BEST.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:25 pm  Reply with quote  
WildSider
WildSider

You're counting the number of people that read your post and getting exasperated at the mounting number who leave without feeling the need to apologize to you? Seriously? Here's a tip: I don't know anyone in this group that would intentionally or knowingly snub someone, and if they didn't give you the attention you feel you deserve it was because they were distracted by something else... therefore, they will not remember snubbing you. There are days and days of distraction, alcohol, lack of sleep and most of us can barely keep up. Try and be as understanding of others as you want them to be of you.

If you made 6 or 8 friends, you have done very well. How many new people can you connect with in any meaningful way in a few days? Surely you must understand that people always tend to gravitate towards those they already know, but it has been my experience that the people who come to this event are always friendly and go out of their way to welcome new people - especially those who have been coming the longest. Still, everyone's time and attention is limited, and the more people they know, the more divided it is.

You would do well to resist taking things personally, or walking around with a chip on your shoulder or an expectation that anyone has your personal issues on their mind. There are too many distractions and people may not notice things that may be quite significant to you. It is no slight against you; just take things in stride and keep moving forward. Trust that almost everyone, if not everyone, at this event is a loving and accepting person. It is true - beyond what seems possible. It just takes a bit of patience and effort.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:10 am  Reply with quote  

if you guys read my replies and after post you would not be chastising me for my initial comments---plz read the whole thread and comment after reading my evolultion of thought throughout the week --- plz read my 2nd post in this forum thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:13 am  Reply with quote  
Trial
Trial

Alicia,

That was my point about Ready, Aim, Fire, versus Ready, Fire, Aim.

You can't make a post telling everyone, "You are all total dicks" ...

Then, 3 days later, say, "Ooops. you are not all total dicks."

Again it was great your week got better, but you should not be giving anyone a hard time for giving you crap for your first WHINE.

I was a newby this year - a 60 year old admirer - and there were several girls who did not want to talk to me. That is life !

But, guess what? I had an effing blast all week, making a lot of new friends.

Just admit you made a bad first impression on this board... and move on.

None of us are holding it against you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:29 am  Reply with quote  
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

I've been to Wildside twice (2013 and 2014) and see your posts as more of a rant. Others have reached out to you and frankly, you sound like an angry person, so perhaps that is not a popular attribute. Furthermore, just because this post is meaningful to you, realize many don't know you, avoid angry people or any number of possible reasons. As you suggest, perhaps this is not a good venue for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:55 pm  Reply with quote  

Thx Val for not reading the later post and chastising me a month and half later-- Here's a link -- viewtopic.php?f=110&t=5240

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:53 am  Reply with quote  
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post withdrawn

Last edited by Glenda on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:13 pm  Reply with quote  
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Glenda wrote:
Clearly, you didn't like "Snobside." Perhaps the problem lies with you. I don't know. Maybe Diva Las Vegas may be more to your liking. G.

Alicia has posted an update on her experience. This thread is obsolete and no further responses should be posted here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 pm  Reply with quote  

My First time to this event wes 2010 and again in 2012. At first yes it may be a little overwelming and hard to get to know people. I did eventually make a few new friends and I still keep in contact with. For me it is different as I am, and have always been a supporter / admirer and being a kind of outsider, most girls think we are there for other reasons. Maybe some admirerers are I don't know, but myself, I tried to talk to as many people as I could and even help out wherever I could. I can say that the second time was a lot better and I had a lot more fun, I got to know more people and make new friends.
I will always have an appreciation to the people that organize this event, they go through a lot and do whatever they can to make sure people have a great time. People are people and some are great at making you feel comfortable and welcom while others don't realy care. That being said, If I could, I would go every year.
I just want people to realize that some people are shy and a bit uncomfortable in a large group, who do you talk to, who is who, who does what and who are the admirers etc. All you need to do is be paitent, I was and I don't regreat it.
Please re-consider and give the Wild Side group another chance. I realy think you will enjoy yourself next time. Make a few contacts here and arrange to meet them there and hang out with them etc...

Wild Side's #1 Admirer and Supporter ...

Peter Heinermann
<:-P

P.S. Hoping to make it in 2016

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:50 pm  Reply with quote  

I am going to my first event with my eye's wide open...
I have all ready made contact with a gurl from Australia who is more on the slutty side which I do appreciate and consider myself the same...
We are making some nasty plans...
I do look forward to meeting and talking with almost 200 gurls attending...
Wow.... 200 gurls... This will be fun...
It is my yearly vacation and I will make sure I have fun and not rely on just the gathering....
I have been to Vegas before and have some definite goals in mind (getting fucked)
Yes dear I am a slut.... But I do know how to act like a lady when I do need to and am very friendly....
Let's all go and have a good time...
If I am not mistaken this seems to be one of the largest gatherings of gurls ever....
I am sooooo proud to be part of it....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2