It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Viva 2016 Special Announcements

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:10 pm  Reply with quote  
Founder
Founder

Paypal's refund policy allows for the processing of refunds back onto credit cards ONLY up to 60 days after date of purchase. After 60 days they have a more complicated procedure involving creating a Paypal account yadda yadda yadda............
Every year some have their situations change, have to cancel their plans and want a refund. Thats to be expected, no problem. Last year at least one was unhappy when they had to cancel a few months after paying. They refused to follow PP requirements and blamed us for Paypals " after 60 day refund procedure"

CONSEQUENTLY

NO REFUNDS will be given after 60 days from date of purchase.
Please keep this in mind when planning your trip and paying Registration and Activity Fees.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every year we hear from a few people who are disappointed because they missed out on an activity or their general enjoyment was negatively impacted because they werent aware of some detail(s).
Thing is, every year all the details are posted here at the website , often in more than one place around the site.

To maximize your enjoyment PLEASE take the time to scan the site at least once a week in the months leading up to Viva, to stay abreast of new devolopments and details relating to the event.

Look on the Special Viva 2016 Announcements board , as well as Forum threads, for information and updates

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:23 pm  Reply with quote  
Founder
Founder

The Tropicana website, as of Feb.11,2016, shows Club Tower standard rooms weekday price of $129 with a $25 a day resort fee.

The WildSide room price for the same rooms is $99 weekdays, $150 Friday & Saturday, with a $10 a day resort fee.

All Vegas hotels add 8.1 % sales tax and 12% Clark County hotel tax
[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:51 pm  Reply with quote  
Founder
Founder

I've had some questions asked about the Pool Party so I'll try to answer them here

Option 1 : $5.00 ticket, Admission only, no drink included
Last year the Tropicana charged us a modest $50 rent per cabana provided we committed to purchasing $200 of food and beverages per cabana . This year they upped it to $150.00 per cabana with a $250.00 f&b commitment. Despite my arguing, cajoling, squeezing, threatening, I couldn't get them to back down.
For this reason we added a nominal $5 admission fee to the Pool Party to offset the additional costs.
For someone who wants to just spend the time getting a bikini tan and doesn't expect to drink, this option is for you

Option 2 : $15.00 ticket, Admission and one cocktail
A standard poolside highball is $12.00, add tax and tip and your paying $15 plus.
We have purchased 100 drink tickets in advance and because of this " bulk buy" the Trop has given us a deal on the cost of each drink ticket. Because of this discount, we can offer a $5 admission plus a cocktail (incl. tax and tip) , a $20 value, for $15.00
Any subsequent drinks you have will be cash at the regular pool side cost.
For someone wanting to spend the afternoon poolside with a frosty cool beverage, this option is your best bet.

NOTE
We've had a couple of people that didn't understand it was an option 1 OR option 2, and signed up for both. If you are one of these people just see Amy at the WildSide Central desk Wednesday afternoon when she will be poolside and she will gladly refund your $5 If you signed up for option 1 and now want option 2, go ahead and sign up for option 2 and ask Amy for a refund of your option 1 $5 poolside Wednesday afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:04 pm  Reply with quote  

If I can't be there physically, but will be there in spirit do I still have to pay an entry fee??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:00 pm  Reply with quote  
WildSide Alumni
WildSide Alumni

kyliecdtv wrote:
If I can't be there physically, but will be there in spirit do I still have to pay an entry fee??

Yes please pay the registration.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:53 pm  Reply with quote  
Founder
Founder

kyliecdtv wrote:

The spirit of your payment will suffice, Kyl' , Lol :))

Seriously, you will be missed, sweetie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:23 pm  Reply with quote  
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Hello everyone, I am sure all of you felt the impact of the Pulse Nightclub shooting. This really dealt a huge blow to our hearts. Orlando's tragedy is ours as well. Some of us had the overall mood of our Pride celebrations changed or just our weekend in general. We were now suddenly facing possible threat just for showing up, and when it was over we all felt lucky to be alive. We still did it, and it is what the victims of Orlando would of wanted. This year, some of us not only celebrated our Pride, but pulled together to stand in solidarity with Orlando. This year we showed Pride, Cohesiveness and Courage. We learned that we are not assured a tomorrow when you have senseless acts of tragedy happening in the world, however, we did learn that LOVE WILL ALWAYS WIN AND THESE TRAGIC ACTS WILL ONLY MAKE US STAND TOGETHER, STRONGER!

I ask every one of you, as a WildSider, to please show your support for all the victims, their friends, loved ones and family, and donate to this cause which will help with things like hospital expenses and funeral costs. WildSide itself will donate $500 to start it off and 100% of the proceeds will go to the Equality Florida's Pulse Victim Fund, so let's show everyone that WildSide is all about Love and Unity. Let’s show Orlando and Pulse that we are with them on this.

Please use the donate button on the left of the WildSide homepage under the Wildside Orlando Victims Fund table:

We are Orlando
The Viva Team

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]